Inspired by objects in the Royal Museums Greenwich’s sites and collections, you will investigate the history of Greenwich.
Explore the history of Greenwich with curators, conservators, storytellers, storekeepers and mudlarks. Each week will be focused on different objects, both from the Museum’s Collection and art, statues and memorials in public spaces, along with extraordinary finds from the Thames mud.
Visit the History of Greenwich website to view a selection or suggest an “object” that says Greenwich.
Curated by local historian and storyteller Rich Sylvester.
3rd November Home of Time and Space: Anthony Cross
10th November Memory, Forgetting and Statues Whose Greenwich, Whose History?
17th November Behind the Scenes at the Museum
24th November History from the River Finds from Greenwich foreshore
Important information about the workshops;
– This workshop is offered on a pay what you can basis.
– If you book and are unable to take part, please inform so your place can be offered to someone else.
– If children are participating, we advise that adults offer support during the session.
– Staff will be monitoring every session and will eject participants presenting any inappropriate behaviours.
– Sessions will be held via Zoom , a 3rd party software application which is not affiliated with the Museum.
– You are advised to take the time to read the terms and conditions on Zoom website for your own information and safety.