Book Tickets Online
St Alfege is the Anglican parish church in the centre of Greenwich. There has been a church here for over a thousand years, dedicated to the memory of Alfege, the Archbishop of Canterbury who was martyred on this site in year 1012. The present church (which replaced an earlier medieval building) is nearly 300 years old. It was designed by Nicholas Hawskmoor, Sir Christopher Wren’s famous pupil, and is one of the churches built under the Fifty Churches act of 1711. The interior contains many fine examples of 18th century craftsmanship and design.
- Disabled access
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Facilities for visually impaired
Booking & Payment Details
- Free Entry
- Children welcome