Book Tickets Online
Ranger’s House is an elegant Georgian villa on the boundary of Greenwich Park and Blackheath which houses The Wernher Collection, a world-class art collection amassed by the 19th-century businessman, Sir Julius Wernher.
Over 700 works of art are displayed across a dozen panelled interiors, and include medieval sculptures, glittering enamels, ornate jewellery, Renaissance paintings including Madonna of the Pomegranate (Madonna della Melagrana) from Sandro Botticelli's workshop, Dutch Old Masters and French tapestries. Not only are many of these pieces unique examples of their kind, but the stories they tell reveal much about the making, meaning and movement of art on a world stage.
With new and enhanced interpretation highlighting the outstanding quality of these objects, the Wernher Collection at Ranger's House provides a remarkable opportunity to see one of the greatest surviving private art collections ever assembled in Europe.
You may also recognise the famous frontage of Ranger's House from the popular Netflix drama, Bridgerton, where it was used as the filming location for Bridgerton House.
* The Eltham Palace team are working hard to keep everyone safe. Find out more about the safety measures in place by clicking here.
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Facilities for hearing impaired
- Facilities for visually impaired
- Wheelchairs available
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Free Parking - There are eight car parking spaces available in front of the house, and additional parking alongside the adjacent bowling green. Parking restrictions are in operation between 9am and 10am (please note that parking is not managed by English Heritage). Parking onsite is free of charge.
- Parking with charge - Off site parking can be found in Greenwich Park, Greenwich town centre and Blackheath village (charges apply).
- English Heritage Property
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted - Please note: There is no coach/minibus parking available at this site.