Book Tickets Online
Bombed during both the First and Second World Wars, St George's Garrison Church in Woolwich is both an evocative ruin and a contemporary spiritual space of great peace and charm.
Designed by Thomas H Wyatt in an Italian-Romanesque style, the Church was built between 1862-63 to serve the Royal Artillery in Woolwich. It was partially rebuilt following its near destruction in WWII, with a contemplative garden and modern canopy being added to the restored mosaics.
Today, it is run by a local group, the Woolwich Garrison Church Trust, which is committed to making it available for all to visit and enjoy.
Directly opposite the Barracks in Woolwich, it is open every Sunday and for special events with the support of volunteers.
- Disabled access
Booking & Payment Details
- Free Entry
- Free Parking - Limited free parking is available behind St George's on Woolwich New Road, a one way street, approached from Grand Depot Road. Other on-street parking is available within walking distance.