Book Tickets Online
Severndroog Castle is an elegantly preserved Gothic tower situated on Shooter’s Hill, one of the highest points in London. The castle was comissioned by Lady James, probably as a memorial to her husband, and designed by architect Richard Jupp in 1784.
Severndroog underwent a huge restoration project which started in June 2013, and the magnificent castle was unveiled to the public in 2014. The rooms have been restored to their former glory with beautiful ornate ceilings and chandeliers. The ground floor is now a wonderful cafe – Severndroog Tea Room, which offers a range of food and drink, from breakfast and brunch, to lunch and tea, with hot and cold varieties throughout the day, and plenty of choices for children.
Admission to Severndroog Castle includes the castle rooms, where volunteers will tell you the story of Sir William and Lady James, the building’s uses over the years and the campaign to save the castle. Your ticket also includes access to the Viewing Platform, where you can enjoy spectacular panoramic views of London and the seven surrounding counties.
- Disabled access - Please note there is a spiral staircase and 86 steps to the top. We are a listed building so wheelchair access is limited to the ground floor (the Tearoom & WC) via a stair climber, which must be pre-booked. Please contact for further details.
- Disabled toilets
- On-site catering
- On-site light refreshments
- Children welcome
- Facilities for educational visits
- Guided tours for groups
- Free Parking - Limited free parking is available at the Castle.
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
Map & Directions
A 20 minute drive from the M25. Leave at Junction 2 signposted for Central London and Lewisham and join the A2. Take the slip road off the A2 signposted Falconwood. Turn right at the end and follow the road to the next junction, turning right onto Welling Way. At the next junction, turn left on to Shooters Hill. Go up and over Shooters Hill and take the first left after Craigholm. Look for the Brown Signs.