Book Tickets Online
Behind-the-scenes tour of ‘the most popular filming location in the world - (Empire magazine).
From a starring role as Buckingham Palace in The Crown to 19th century revolutionary Paris in Les Misérables, the Old Royal Naval College has provided the setting for some of the most memorable scenes in major film and TV productions. On this tour you will be guided through over 60 years of filming both on our iconic riverside grounds and inside the magnificent Painted Hall.
Tour highlights include:
- Spot the locations being used in place of Buckingham Palace’s courtyard in The Crown (2016-2019)
- Inside the Painted Hall see where Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman waltzed the night away in Indiscreet (1958)
- Walk in the footsteps of Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady(2011) and Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides (2011)
- View the Painted Hall backdrop for a scene in The Madness of King George(1994), cleverly chosen for its paintings depicting George I, the great grandfather of King George III.
- Visit Lower Grand Square which hosted a crashed spacecraft in a climactic battle scene in Thor: The Dark World (2013)
* Parts of this tour takes place outdoors
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Ticket||£13.50 per ticket|
|Online price||£12.50 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Booking & Payment Details
- Credit cards accepted (no fee)
- Currency Exchange - Available at the Tourist Information Centre in the Visitor Centre, open 10am–5pm. For further information please call 020 830 55235 or email email@example.com.
- Guided tours for groups
- Gift shop
- Public toilets
- Smoking not allowed
- Accepts groups
- Coach parties accepted